Saturday, May 9, 2009

Stained Glass Mosaic Self Portrait in Black and White

A social networking site for Mosaicists that I belong to had a challenge contest recently to create a mosaic using only black and white. I took up the challenge and tried something else new in the process- a portrait. Never having done one before, I figured I start with me.

Thank you so much to the members for voting my self portrait Members Choice!


All materials are stained glass - pure white for the face/neck area, three other whites for the hair, a textured black for the shirt and two little triangular pieces above the right side shoulder.

~~~~~~~
This mosaic is part of my personal collection.
To view available mosaics see my Etsy shop:

I also create original design silver jewelry:

3 comments:

Irit Levy said...

Sorry that I haven't seen this post earlier :-(
I love that mosaic of yours and I a so happy that I got to see here its progress.
Beautiful.

j e a n said...

This is so beautiful! You are amazing! I'm making my first stepping stone right now and found your site very helpful. thank you!

Linda Pieroth Smith said...

Thank you Jean! I am glad you found the stepping stone post helpful- have fun!!
Linda