MosaicSmith Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Piecing a Mosaic Rose

Who knew, dressmaker's tracing paper can also be used to trace a design on glass. I used this method first when making my self portrait mosaic.

Here I use it to make a rose. Yes, green. This is part of a custom stepping stone for a wedding and it will also have green hydrangeas. Looks pretty combined with the chocolate brown for the writing. Still a WIP so I'll post more pictures later.



First tip is to make sure your glass is very clean.

This method also works best if the sections of your motif can be systematically cut away from the design and still keep the pieces whole. This pattern I made was almost ideal. Piece # 16 ended up in three pieces.

I also numbered the pattern and glass pieces to make putting it back together so much easier.

~~~~~~~

All available mosaic art:

I also create original design silver jewelry:

No comments: